This is a stumpy little cross sitting near to the church in the village which has a bit of a story about it. The cross sits on a pedestal with a tree planted behind it. Currently there is a new (possibly beech tree) in the pedestal, previously it was a copper beech. The original tree was an elm, known locally as the Dancing Tree, and as it suggests locals would dance on the pedestal under the tree. The elm was blown down in 1891 in a large storm. The main part of the shaft has been lost and only the top and a short section remain.