The story of this house, which is now no more than a ruined pile of stones, is of a very jealous man who married an exceptionally beautiful woman. He decided to build a house all the way out here in order that no one else could see her!! Very odd fella! However the truthful story is that Dr Brown and his wife wished to improve the land here and built a farmhouse in 1812. They forgot to get permission from the Duchy, who set the rent very high as a result. They could not make the land work for them so the farm was abandoned by 1830, hence its current state.