Ten Commandments Stone

The Ten Commandments Stones lie just below Buckland Beacon on the south eastern side of Dartmoor. They were commissioned by the lord of Buckland Manor, a William Whitely who asked a local sculptor to carve out the ten commandments on two stones at the top of the Beacon. This engraving was completed in 1928. Recently, in 1995, the National Park Authority repainted the stone lettering.


Ten Commandments Stones

Ten Commandments Stones


Writing on the stones


Top of the first and larger stone