This quarry was until recently still active having started up in 1876. It only closed in 1997 and was known as Tor Quarries. The quarry is fairly large and a huge scar on the landscape as it is seen from the B3357 and the hamlet of Merrivale. The Grimstone and Sortridge leat drops into the quarry basin before starting out again on the other side. The quarry would have provided granite for New Scotland Yard and Portcullis House, as well as refinishing the stones from the Old London Bridge before they were sent to Lake Havasu, USA.