Vitifer Tin Mine was a fairly successful tin mine situated on the eastern side of Dartmoor, not too far from Moretonhampstead beside the B3212. This tin mine ran from 1750 until 1925. Some will class this area as two mines with one part the Birch Tor mines and the other to the west of the Redwater brook being the Vitifer mines. However being run by the same company it is fair to combine the two into the Vitifer Mine. The ore from this mine was taken to the Eylesbarrow smelt (also on Dartmoor) and at its peak in 1860s employed around 150 workers.