This small reservoir sits on the western side of Dartmoor, not too far from the village of Mary Tavy and the tiny hamlet of Zoar. This reservoir feeds the Mary Tavy hydropower station and itself is fed by the Reddaford Leat which starts out from Tavy Cleave. The reservoir was built in 1937 although the leat predates that being from the 1800s. Originally the leat was used to feed the nearby mines of Wheal Betsy and Wheal Friendship. The reservoir is made from earth banking and concrete as it wriggles its way across this side of the moor, it isn’t the largest reservoir by any stretch but its always nice to come across these old stretches of water on Dartmoor.